Las Vegas Air Conditioning & Heating Experts
Call Today 702.830.7553
Carbon Monoxide (CO) Detectors Save Lives

Carbon Monoxide (CO) Detectors Save Lives

Why You Need a CO Detector in Your Home To Protect Your Family

It only costs $101 to save your family's life. Isn't it worth it? Learn more about the importance of installing a carbon monoxide (CO) detector in your home. If you missed the story about Team Sierra helping a local couple by installing a CO detector in their home and then donating a brand new Home Comfort System, check it out!

According to the Center for Disease Control, more than 430 Americans die and more than
50,000 visit the emergency room due to accidental carbon monoxide poisoning each year.

What is Carbon Monoxide Poisoning?

Carbon monoxide poisoning is caused by inhaling combustion fumes. When too much carbon monoxide is in the air you're breathing, your body replaces the oxygen in your red blood cells with carbon monoxide. This prevents oxygen from reaching your tissues and organs.

Feeling dizzy, nauseous, or have a headache? Check out the full list of symptoms below to make sure you're not experiencing CO poisoning.

Carbon monoxide poisoning can be especially dangerous for people who are sleeping or intoxicated. People may have irreversible brain damage or even be killed before anyone realizes there's a problem. The warning signs of carbon monoxide poisoning can be subtle. But the condition is a life-threatening medical emergency. Depending on the length of exposure, those affected may get permanent brain damage, damage to your heart, cardiac complications, and even death.

If you think you or someone you're with may have carbon monoxide poisoning, get into fresh air and seek emergency medical care immediately.

Carbon Monoxide Detector Saved a Local Las Vegas Couple

Thanks to our wonderful technician, Jeremy, for installing a carbon monoxide detector this last winter which helped to save a local couple's lives.

On Veteran's Day 2016, Team Sierra attended an event at the VA Hospital to help celebrate the amazing vets who live in Las Vegas. It was here that we met this wonderful couple who we were fortunate enough to help out.

They were in need of a carbon monoxide detector and stopped by our table at the event. After speaking with the couple, Jeremy learned more about their situation and some unfortunate circumstances they were dealing with. The husband was in and out of the hospital with respiratory issues and were a bit down on their luck. Jeremy decided that he wanted to help the couple and offered to install a carbon monoxide detector in their home free of charge so they would be safe.

It wasn't a few weeks after the carbon monoxide detector was installed, that it went off. Their furnace had cracked and was leaking dangerous levels of carbon monoxide. Fortunately, the carbon monoxide detector had alerted them and they were able to call the fire department and vacate the home safely.

When the couple called to thank Jeremy for installing the carbon monoxide detector, he also found out that their gas had been shut off, leaving them without heat, hot water, or a working oven. After hearing this, Jeremy went to their home to cap their gas so their hot water and oven could be restored to working condition.

To take it a step further, Team Sierra decided to donate and install a brand new Home Comfort System to the couple so they would be safe and warm in their home.

When we went out to install the couple's new equipment, we were unfortunately unable to meet the husband as he was back in the hospital (but set to be released this week!), but meeting his wife and their adorable dog and cat was an amazing experience.

We're so glad we were able to get to know this local couple and that we're able to provide them with safety and comfort this winter!

  • Symptoms of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning:
  • Headache
  • Weakness
  • Dizziness
  • Nausea or vomiting
  • Shortness of breath
  • Confusion
  • Blurred vision
  • Loss of consciousness
Categories: