POSITION: Accounts Receivable Clerk
The Accounts Receivable Clerk is responsible for providing financial, administrative and clerical services for the Accounts Receivable Department and performs the day-to-day processing of accounts receivable transactions. This includes timely and accurate processing of all cash receipts; performing bank deposits; accounts receivable billing/invoicing of customers; and, collection calling for all customers with past due payments. The Accounts Receivable Clerk will maintain customer accounts to ensure accuracy and resolve any customer invoice discrepancies if needed.
The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills, be able to multi-task and prioritize easily, good problem solving skills, and enjoy working in a fast paced environment. This position is more than just a job, it is a career opportunity for the right motivated individual to gain knowledge, status and authority in our company.
All applicants must pass pre-employment background check and drug test.
- Researches and verifies to customer accounts all funds
- Perform day to day financial transactions including verifying, classifying, computing, posting and recording accounts receivable data
- Inputs and allocates cash receipts into the Accounting System.
- Reconciles and creates a report of for all funds recorded.
- Interprets and analyzes billing report for accuracy of current billing cycle.
- Creates invoices with proper backup and mailing to customers.
- Contacts delinquent customer accounts to request payment.
- Resolves customer invoice discrepancies in a timely manner.
- Maintains customer accounts.
- Maintains all accounts receivable reports, spreadsheets and corporate accounts receivable files.
- Performs all Accounts Receivable filing and copying.
- Ensures confidentiality of organization’s proprietary/financial information.
- Process credit card charges and credits through online credit card processing site.
- Research and process charge backs, returns and NSF’s.
- Run end of month reports.
- Identify and follow up with any collection efforts, and communicate with management on all outstanding accounts
- Process daily credit card reports and payments
- Send Invoice to our collection agency
- Send out W9 and COI to our customers
- Answer all accounts receivable daily calls and emails
- Verify discrepancies by and resolve clients’ billing issues
- Applies customer payments, ensures reconciliation of batch and contacts customers immediately to resolve any remittance discrepancies.
- Generate AR aging reports and analyze to determine priorities.
- Update customer accounts
- Respond to customer receivable inquiries/disputes and follow up on unresolved issues, tracking to final resolution
- High School Degree preferred
- 3 + years of accounting experience and financial management required.
- 2+ years accounts receivable experience
- Minimum age requirement is 21
- Accurate typing at 30 words per minute
- Ability to communicate with internal and external customers.
- Experience with allocating to general ledger expense accounts.
- Demonstrated integrity and ethical standards.
- Superior organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently with some direction.
- Manages time effectively and adapts quickly to changing priorities.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Fast learner with strong attention to detail, high degree of accuracy and critical thinking skills
- Ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Paid Training
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Positive Work Environment
- Advancement Opportunities
To schedule an interview, email RJ at firstname.lastname@example.org